San Antonio, TX
· Our first stay longer than a day.
· Lots of Tex-Mex.
· Fulfilled life-long dream of seeing The Alamo (thanks to Tim Burton), but alas, there was no basement nor a tour guide named Tina.
· City actually named Flatonia in an effort to avoid any confusion about the terrain.
· We take off our jackets, kick off our boots, and put on our flip-flops/opened toed flats for the first time in months.
Las Cruces, NM
· We hit over 2,000 miles on the odometer!
· The stretch from El Paso to this city is quite possibly one of the most beautiful in the world. I recommend it at sunset!
· This is where “Due Date” was filmed, at least in part, according to good ol’ Wikipedia and my film-to-reality scenery recognition abilities, aka sight.
· Extremely, extremely cheap authentic Mexican food in huge portions. My meal was about $6.00.