I’ve wrestled with insomnia for most of my life, but have proudly had it under control for the best part of a year. However, it’s recently returned (probably due to my mid-day, allergy induced naps) and here’s how I pass the time:
– Eat egg sandwiches at 11:30 p.m.
– Try to empty my mind about The Hunger Games by watching way too much TV. HG trailer comes on, all bets are off.
– Try to enrich my mind by reading, catch major case of ADHD 15 minutes later.
– Read articles like this that inspire me, yet also reignite my blind rage with the politicians trying to infringe on women’s rights.
– Watch some more TV. Probably something I don’t really like or have seen 86 times already.
– Search for new recipes. Almost cry as stomach starts growling… again.
– Chug lemon water from a mason jar.
– Ponder over whether this is actually Jason Mraz or a celebrity body snatcher:
– Become overwhelmed with nauseating sleepiness.
– Crawl into bed beside my cuddly man.
– Almost rip the sheets in half when I close my eyes and am wide awake again.
– Stare at the ceiling in the dark for a couple of hours. Pass out without warning.